Editing & Proofreading
Already have your copy written up? Great! However, having a professional cast their trained eye over it can make a huge difference to the impact and effectiveness of that copy. After all, once it's out there, that copy is what represents you, your product or your cause to the world.
It's got to be perfect.
Hiring an editor or proofreader, can help you in a whole variety of ways:
- Making sure the copy is pithy, punchy and fit for purpose; that it delivers exactly the message it needs to, and where and when it needs to.
- Tightening up the copy to make sure it fits your design and meets word count limits. Keeping it lean and accessible to your intended reader, and making sure it's targeted to their expectations and needs.
- Introducing key words for SEO without losing the tone and flow of the copy.
- Ensuring correct and accurate use of grammar, spelling and punctuation throughout - essential for giving that professional impression.
- If your copy has been translated from another language, it can lose some of the subtlety of its original message and feeling along the way, even with the most skilled of translators. Engaging an editor to check the work can make sure that your critical copy is delivering exactly what you need to your English markets.
If you would like to discuss how I can help you, please get in touch by email or phone on 07883 232816
If you are looking for a more Developmental Editor to support your long term projects, especially for literature and other published works, I can highly recommend a very talented colleague to help you: Karina Asti